What is HDBaseT?
-----EZCOO HDMI HDBaseT Extender
HDBaseT is a manufacturer of household appliances from Japanese and Korean companies LG, Samsung, Sony and other companies, as well as Israeli semiconductor company Valence Semiconductors, combined in 2009 with Intel HDCP certification at the end of June 2010. Formation of the official specification HDBaseT. HDBaseT is not familiar with the 8P8C (RJ45) connector, which is usually not known as a transmission medium using a common network cable to connect to a crystal head or Ethernet, is very simple to use in common instead of using a redesigned display port In addition to transmitting video signals, HDBaseT also provides network connectivity and power over Ethernet (PoE).
HDbaseT transmission uses conventional CAT5e / 6 cabling to transmit compression using conventional RJ45 connectors, supports maximum data transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps and 4K X 2K full-format 3D video formats. The distance is also 100 meters with Ethernet function, power is 100 W (PoE) and other control signal channels.
Elements that led to HDBaseT:
1. Since the transmission distance of the HDMI cable is only about 5 meters, the range of use of the HD device is severely limited, and the transmission distance of the HDBaseT can reach 100 meters.
2. The HDMI cable is expensive, and HDBaseT uses a cheap and easy-to-use CAT5 / 6 Ethernet cable as the transmission medium.
3. HDMI is a closed standard. Providers pay a certain license fee using the HDMI interface, and HDBaseT is an open standard and does not require any additional fees.
4.HDBaseT supports the highest standard data transfer rate of 20 GB / s, the maximum transfer rate is 5 GB HDMI / 4 hours, all uncompressed 1080p or 4K X 2K to ensure clear video transmission.
What is the difference between HD-Baset and HDMI and SDI?
Let's look at the comparison of the three interfaces.
1. Serial Digital Interface (SDI)
The SDI interface is a component of the digital serial interface and supports 2.97 Gbit / s, 270 MB / s, and 1.485 Gbit / s, respectively, divided into SD-SDI standard definition and HD-SDI HD standard 3G-SDI.
2, high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI)
HDMI is a digital video / audio interface designed for digital interfaces for transferring high-definition multimedia interfaces, video and audio. Video signals can be transmitted simultaneously, and the maximum data transfer rate is 18 Gbps (version 2.0).
HDbaseT transmission uses conventional CAT5e / 6 cabling to transmit compression using conventional RJ45 connectors, supports maximum data transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps and 4K X 2K full-format 3D video formats, the Distance is 100 meters, Ethernet function, 100 W power supply PoE) and other control signal channels.
Advantages of HDBaseT above:
1) HDBaseT can support uncompressed audio and video transfer rates up to 20 Gb / s, and HDBaseT provides Ethernet capability and the ability to power up 100 W (PoE).
2) HDBaseT is a network standard that requires only one network cable to connect audio, video, network, control signals and power lines. Simplify installation, connection and maintenance and reduce costs.
3) Transmission cable HDBaseT, transmission distance up to 100 m, usually use this site at a low price, and HDMI must use a special expensive cable for a transmission distance of 10 ~ 15 m, which significantly limits the use of the device connection scheme for multiple HD devices. but.
4) Super high resolution HDBaseT technology supports Ultra HD or 4K resolution. HDBaseT technology allows you to transfer uncompressed Ultra HD video.
5) Since HDMI is a closed standard, manufacturers must pay a certain license fee for using the HDMI interface. HDBaseT is an open standard and does not require any additional fees.
EZCOO's HDBaseT extender uses this technology to achieve five kinds of signals transmitted by a network cable, which brings great convenience to installers and users in the home and commercial fields. EZCOO offers four extenders to meet different needs of customers. The hot-selling EZ-EX70H2 is equipped with an ARC function, which makes it easy to transfer sound back to the AVR for better audiovisual effects.